Below is an overview of what can be expected at well checks. Depending on the age and risk factors present for any given child, not all items are performed at a given visit.
- Measurements of height, weight, head circumference (infants/toddlers), blood pressure, and calculations of proportions
- Sensory screening for vision and hearing
- Lab testing for anemia, lead exposure, hyperlipidemia, tuberculosis, sexually transmitted diseases
- Developmental/Behavioral Health Screening for global development, autism, mood disorders, anxiety, ADHD, substance use, sexual activity
- Complete physical examination
- Immunizations to protect from communicable diseases
- Anticipatory guidance on a wide range of issues
- Addressing of concerns raised by parent and/or child
For a complete listing of recommended care by age according to the Bright Futures Preventative Pediatric Health Care Guidelines, please view and/or download the schedule here.