• Scheduling well care visits at appropriate intervals
• Remaining up to date on immunizations
• Receiving recommended follow up for more chronic conditions
• Ensuring that appropriate documents from specialists are received
• Ensuring access to appropriate specialists
• Ensuring follow up for conditions addressed at urgent care centers or emergency departments
• Addressing barriers to care
• Evaluation for concussion in the event of injury
• Monitoring progress and establishment of appropriate limits on return to activity
• Identification of situations requiring referral to specialists and facilitating access to those services
We have begun to increase our staffing to:
• Assist with scheduling with specialists and communication of results and recommended follow up
• Increase efforts to communicate with families to identify what barriers exist to receiving desired care and assist them to clear the barrier.
• Increase efforts to communicate with families when recommended care is due, including:
- Preventative Health Care
- Appropriate follow up for asthma, ADHD, mental health, and concussions
- Dental care
- Follow up from hospitals and urgent care
View Other Services Offered
Preventative Health Care encompasses a wide variety of services to both promote good health and prevent diseases. We provide preventative health care based on the American Academy of Pediatrics Bright Futures Guidelines for Health Supervision.
Click here to learn more about Preventative Health Care.
Peds First Pediatrics is available 7 days a week to provide care for when your child is ill. We limit booking for acute illnesses such as fever, ear pain, sore throat to the day you call for the appointment. We kindly request that you call as early in the day as you recognize that you wish to have your child evaluated.
Click here to learn more about our same day sick appointment availability.
We aim to educate families and encourage breastfeeding. We provide access to an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant to support all families that are attempting to breastfeed. Peds First also seeks to identify and assist mothers who are suffering with post-partum depression.
Click here to learn more about our Breastfeeding Support Services.
Peds First provides evaluations for concussions in the event an injury is sustained. If concussion is of concern, we provide monitoring of symptom progression and establish appropriate limits on return to activity. When available we utilize individualized baseline performance measurements of physical and cognitive skills to assist with post concussion management.
Click here to learn more about Concussion Management.
Our Care Coordination Team is constantly evolving in an attempt to minimize "Gaps in Care." We seek to identify the barriers that families face in receiving proper care and assist them in clearing those barriers.
Click Here to Learn More About Our Team
The old adage states “You are what you eat.” To a large extent, this is accurate – optimal nutrition is one factor to help you live a longer and healthier life. However, what is optimal depends on the individual, and this is the focus of our nutrition department.
Click here to learn more about our Nutrition Support services.
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition affecting the smaller airways in the lungs of nearly 1 in 10 children. We actively seek to identify children that are at risk for having asthma so that we may provide the proper education, monitoring, and therapy as needed to minimize both short and long term consequences of poorly controlled asthma.
Click here to learn more about Asthma Management
A 2018 study in The Journal of Pediatrics demonstrated that among children ages 3 to 17 years, about 3% suffer from depression and 7% from anxiety. Of great concern is that more than 1 in 5 of these children went untreated for their condition. We seek to identify those children at risk for mental health conditions so that we can provide assistance where appropriate.
Click here to learn about our Mental Health Services.
ADHD is a common condition that affects children more than just academically. It can cause difficulty in all avenues of life, and when severe can contribute to the development of other mental health concerns such as depression and low self esteem. We seek to identify and manage this condition to maximize the success of those affected.
Click here to learn more about our ADHD Management services.